What We Believe
Christ the King Lutheran Church (CTK) Seeks, Teaches and Lives Christ!
Love each other.
Serve our community.
CTK FOUNDATIONS DEFINED
- We confess the Triune God - Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (1 Corinthians 8:6) (John 14:16-17)
- We confess Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior and the Gospel as the power of God for the salvation of all who believe. (Romans 3:22)
- Jesus loves you! (1 John 3:1)
- We are Biblically grounded and guided. (Romans 1:16)
- We are Jesus Christ focused. (John 14:6)
- We are not perfect. Jesus is perfection. (Romans 3:23)
- We are always seeking and learning about the hope and grace found in Jesus. (Matthew 6:33)
LOVE EACH OTHER
- We believe that the Good News of Jesus is for all people!* (Galatians 3:28)
- We are family friendly! (Romans 12:5) (Matthew 18:5)
- We accept you, as you are! (Romans 2:10 & 11)
- We are a faith community that enables and supports your relationship with Jesus. (Ephesians 4:12)
- We welcome anyone to take Holy Communion. (Acts 2:2-11 and Mark 14:22-24)
SERVE OUR COMMUNITY
- Because of faith, we love and serve each other and the greater community. (Matthew 5:16)
- We provide welcoming worship for all believers and seekers. (Acts 2: 4-11)
- We provide leadership opportunities for everyone. (Mark 10:43)
- Jesus is our commitment and life. We do not advocate for political beliefs or ideologies that distract us from Jesus. (Exodus 20:3)
- We do not have all the answers. (Psalm 91:15)
*All people - especially people who are broken, shunned, sinful, lonely, hurt, empty, tired, and/or seeking.
BE ACTIVE WITH CTK BY:
† Intentionally worship and study the Bible. (Psalm 100:1-3)
† Passionately pray daily. (1 Thessalonians 5:16-18)
† Lovingly serve each other and our community. (1 Peter 4:10)
† Be devoted to introducing Jesus Christ to others. (Matthew 28: 18-20)
† Give responsibly of time, talent, and resources. (Matthew 22: 2-16)
† Become an active part of our faith community. (1 John 1:7)